Pilot Flying J Travels Centers Opens New Lathrop Facility
October 3rd, 2017
Pilot Flying J Travel Centers announced the opening of its 21st California Travel Plaza in Lathrop, California on September 6th, 2017.
Located just east of the Interstate 5 Freeway at 345 Roth Road, Lathrop California, the newest Flying J Travel Center is expected to add upwards to 70 local jobs and contribute millions annually in state and local tax revenues.
In a prepared statement Ken Parent, president of Pilot Flying J noted “We’re thrilled to serve the Lathrop community and contribute to the local economy with our new travel center. Both local residents and those traveling through the San Joaquin County area and along Interstate 5 will soon be able enjoy the convenience and amenities of our new Flying J Travel Center.”
The new travel center includes numerous amenities including:
- PJ Fresh, fast casual food offerings, including PJ Fresh Pizza, soup, sandwiches and hot dogs
- Retail space for Subway, Cinnabon, and Auntie Anne’s
- A driver’s lounge, laundry, shower facility, restrooms and storage facilities
- Vehicle fueling station with twelve fueling positions with three grades of gasoline and diesel for passenger & recreational vehicles.
- Nine diesel fueling lanes for commercial vehicles with DEF
- Two above ground diesel tank farms, with a capacity of 96,000 gallons
- One 25,000 gallon split underground gasoline tank
- CAT Scale
- 106 Parking Spaces
The Lathrop Travel Center represents the fourth Pilot Flying J project Fiedler Group has completed in California, with previous fuel designs provided for their Patterson, Otay Mesa and Dunnigan facilities.
Design efforts for several additional Pilot Flying J Travel Centers are currently underway throughout the state.
Pilot Flying J is the largest operator of travel centers in North America with more than 750 Travel Plazas across 43 States & 6 Canadian provinces, Pilot Travel Centers and Flying J serves more than 1.3 million customers daily.
To learn more about Fiedler Group’s fuel system design expertise or to discuss a project of your own, please contact us today.